FOR FOREIGNERS IN TURKEY,
This Guide is intended to help ensure that real persons of foreign nationals do not encounter problems IN the immovable acquisition of OUR country. However, the guide does not substitute the necessary professional consultancy services. 1. Legal basis:
The Land Law numbered 2644, which entered into force in May, has changed to 35 with the law numbered 6302. In accordance with the article, the application of foreign nationals to the inimitable acquisition of real persons in our country has been abandoned. It is possible to obtain information about the Turkish Embassy or consulate in your country or your country’s representatives in Turkey regarding whether it is possible to have the same right to be carried and limited in our country. It will be appropriate to take care of the following issues in order for foreign real persons not to incur losses when buying immovable in our country:
- The formal arrangement of contracts:
According to the current legislation in Turkey, formal agreements aimed at the transfer of immovable property must be made in the Tapu registrar’s offices where the immovable. It is also possible to sign a “sales Promise agreement” in the presence of a notary before the official sale.
The acquisition of the ownership of the immovable property of the sales contract is made possible by registration in the Tapu directorates. 3. Legal limitations on the immovable acquisition of foreigners:
- Foreigners may purchase the immovable for use as a workplace or abode in Turkey, provided that they comply with the statutory restrictions. However, even in different cities, the total percentage of immovable persons that a foreign person can buy in Turkey cannot exceed 30 hectares. B. Prior to the unmovable reception of foreigners, it is also necessary to receive permission from the military authorities in the region. It is important to clarify this issue before payment is made, as it is not possible to sell to foreigners if the immovable is found within the security zone of the immovable.
- Practical Information:
- In applications for the immovable acquisition of foreign nationals to the relevant Land Registry directorates:
-Identification documents or passports,
-Immovable acquis of residence permit for foreigners subject to residence permit, given the corresponding safety directorates,
-In case of a proxy transaction based on the power of attorney given from abroad, the original of the attorneys with the translations
or an approved instance.
- Before the sale agreements are made, such matters should be checked from the relevant Land registry, whether or not the immovable is registered with limited rights, or if there is any condition that prevents the sale of the mortgage.
- Foreigners who want to buy property in our country,
-Legal binding without obtaining information about the unmovable title of the Land Registry directorates provided that it proves to be relevant
Not to sign contracts and to pay,
-The seller does not initiate transactions without research on individuals or firms, can not prove that they are a serious and reliable person
or work with companies.
In case of any dispute arising out of a trade, it is necessary to carry out the judgment and prosecute the Turkish courts. It is not possible for the Turkish Foreign Ministry and foreign representatives to participate in the judicial process.